Been a while since I’ve posted a recipe, so here’s one of my favorites. It’s warm, colorful, tasty, and thoroughly satisfying.
Your favorite bowl
Cooked healthy grain (I used half TruRoots Sprouted Rice & Quinoa Blend and half farro)
1 Sweet potato
2 or 3 Okinawan sweet potatoes (it’s purple, adds a cool color, and has a great flavor)
1 red onion
Garbanzo beans (I use canned for expediency)
1 haas avocado
1 bunch of cilantro
Salt / pepper (if you want)
Note: this is enough to make 2 or 3 grain bowls. I usually have leftovers and mix and match them to invent new creations.
- Cook the grain (I just use a rice cooker).
- Cube the sweet potato (regular and Okinawan), slice the onion, and add a little olive oil and salt / pepper to taste. Then bake on 350 for about 30 minutes or until the potato is fork tender and the onions have browned.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- Cube the avocado.
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Put grain in first.
- Top with the potatoes and onions.
- Add the garbanzo beans and some pickled beets.
- Finish with avocado, cilantro, and some lemon juice (for brightness and to prevent the avocado from oxidizing).